Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Smoothie Recipe

I've been under the weather the last couple of days so this morning, I decided to start my day with a healthy and nutritious smoothie. They're such an easy way to get your fruits and veggies in!

Smoothie tips-

*Using frozen bananas usually eliminates the need for ice. It also adds a nice creamy texture. I personally LOVE bananas so I almost always throw one into my smoothies.

*Kale or spinach? I've found that I prefer kale. It gives a smoothie a thicker consistency than spinach does. I buy it frozen from Trader Joe's (again it helps to eliminate the need for ice).

Smoothie recipe:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen kale
- 1/3 cup mixed berries
- 1/3 cup pineapple
- 1 tbsp flax seed (Add on top after serving. It's adds the perfect crunch!)




Do you have any smoothie recipes? I'd love to hear them!

XO,
Ash

2 comments :

  1. Your smoothie recipe sounds really good, and healthy. My recipe is literally just taking a bunch of frozen fruit, yogurt, orange juice and ice cubes and throwing it all into a blender. The only time I have veggies in smoothies is when I get them at smoothie shops.

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Let me know if you try it out. Your recipe sounds delicious as well!! I know! I could be better about adding veggies to my smoothies as well. At least we're trying right?! Thanks for stopping by xo,

      ashieldannette.blogspot.com

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. I love reading your comments :)